1606 W. Oak
This once beautiful home at 1606 W. Oak will need conscientious restoration if it survives. For over 50 years students have boarded in this house, built in 1896 by Tom Lovell, contractor for the county courthouse. Blended popular styles create an imposing structure, and the massive, though deteriorating, Ionic columns still lend stability to this fading beauty. Gothic verge board painted black hints at a popular style not often found in Denton. Time weighs heavily on this house and its history.